Full disclosure: I never saw myself becoming a social media strategist. Even in my earliest memories, I envisioned myself as a writer, but every publication I worked for tacked social media on my to-do list.
I may have managed it as a side duty then, but society’s reliance on social media has exploded in the last few years. (This is why I went back to school for my master’s degree in digital media and design and began providing specialized services to serve businesses better.)
Social media duties can no longer be a side task for tech-savvy employees. To have a smart social media strategy in place, you need someone on your team who focuses solely on growing your digital presence. Here are the top five reasons why:
1. You can’t just post when you have the time. If you post to social media only when you feel like it, you won’t do it nearly enough. These days, social media platforms showcase posts from the pages that have great engagement, and you won’t have an active audience if you post sporadically. A social media strategist can create a social media calendar for you, with optimum times and days to post. If they are posting for you, you can rest easy knowing your content is consistent, keeping you at the top of consumers’ minds.
2. You can’t just post when you want to promote. All too often, businesses blast their social media pages with promotions on their latest services or products, only to go unseen. Why? Because they have not spent the time to build and interact with their audience when they are not selling. If your social media pages only exist for sales, no one will follow them.
3. You need to have well-crafted, on-brand content. If you hand off social media tasks to different team members, everyone will have a unique spin on language, photo editing and more, making your brand seem inconsistent. Not only does an inconsistent brand appear less professional, but it also makes it more difficult for people to recognize you. When one person is running your social media accounts, you benefit from an on-brand posting style that fans are familiar with.
4. You need someone to stay up-to-date on trends. Social media is evolving faster than any college textbook or single-day seminar can teach. A social media strategist follows social media trends and best practices to ensure the pages they manage are set up for optimum efficiency and engagement.
5. You need someone who is always connecting. Social media pages are most successful when the person running them constantly interacts with others by following relevant pages, responding to messages, and commenting on other accounts. Not only does an active page make your business seem more relatable, but it also works with social media algorithms, so your posts get seen easier.
Want to learn more about what a social media strategist like me can do for you? Let’s connect with a free 30-minute phone consultation.
What clients are saying…
“Melanie Pagan is a dream to work with. I consistently refer my own clients to her knowing that she will take the greatest care with all of their copywriting and social media needs. In addition to being especially talented when it comes to writing, she is a fantastic combination of highly professional and incredibly caring. I am so grateful to Melanie for the services she provides!”
–Devin Lee, certified online business manager and Dubsado specialist
“Melanie has been a dream to work with. She is hands-on and because of that, she truly knows what her client needs. A special bonus is how kind and caring of a person she is. Anyone working with Melanie is in good hands. Thank you for all you’ve done for my hotel and restaurant, Melanie!”
–Wendy M., Silverton Inn & Suites
“Melanie’s dedication and passion for writing shine through her work. She’s creative, caring, and also very professional in managing projects that involve others. She’s a joy to work with.”
–John L., VIP Hospitality Group